20 15

What happened

The Nepal earthquake of 2015 was a severe earthquake that struck near the city of Kathmandu in central Nepal on April 25, 2015. About 9,000 people were killed, many thousands more were injured, and more than 600,000 structures in Kathmandu and other nearby towns were either damaged or destroyed. The earthquake was felt throughout central and eastern Nepal, much of the Ganges River plain in northern India, and northwestern Bangladesh, as well as in the southern parts of the Plateau of Tibet and western Bhutan.

Our Response

We sent a team in immediately. After arriving, they travelled by bus and on foot to the areas that were affected and started providing basic medical aid, as well as organizing food distributions for remote mountain areas that were cut off from transportation due to the earthquake. 

posts from Nepal

Nepal Food distribution

From the Project CoordinatorWe have completed another distribution of food with the helicopter to the villages surrounding Lapu. We have sent food for 98 families.

Read More »


Greetings from Nepal.  We thank the Lord for all the blessings he has gave us especially for a clear rain free day that we could

Read More »

Nepal – Traveling

The Nepal team has finally reached their new destination in a very remote village. It took a 10-hour bus ride and another 10 hours of

Read More »

Greetings from Nepal.  We thank the Lord for all the blessings he has gave us especially for a clear rain free day that we could have distribution. The passed few days we helped clean up the school and then started on the clinic, which consisted of cleaning up the rock and ripping  the roof off.

Wow!! The Lord has been good. He has helped us. He has gotten us this far. Let us continue to praise him. The last few days have been quite busy, due to having a helicopter scheduled to fly. I needed to make sure the food was all ready for him.  We left (the new team that arrived recently) and went to the staging area. Since the flight was too long and the helicopter too small we had to find a place that was closer to the village that we are sending to. So we left in the morning, got on the bus and had a long and bumpy ride to the site. I think all of us were thinking, “When is this trip ever going to end?”  However hard the trip, and however bruised our seats we did make it. That afternoon we ordered food for 190 families. We got 4750 kg of rice, 190 lt of oil, 190 kg of sugar, 95 kg of tea, and 190 kg of dial.  — Thanks again to all of you supporters who helped make this possible.

After the food was ordered, I found out that one of the team members who was going to meet up with us, and fly into the village with the team, missed his flight. So in order to get him here in time to fly, I needed to go out and pick him up and then come back. My driver got a load of people together to go and we left at 2 o’clock in the afternoon!!! Once again we drove over the treacherous roads. We got there at a little past 8:00 am, picked  up our team member and came right back. By that time it was daark and cold. At around 12:00 midnight we came around the bend and there was a huge tree that had fallen across the road.  We spent an hour there, making a pathway to get through. Fortunately, there was quite a number of people helping us so we got back on our way. We finally got back to where we were supposed to go at 4:45 in the morning. 

The following day (Wednesday) was distribution day and it dawned clear and bright.  The helicopter was scheduled for quarter till eleven on Wednesday morning, but he was about ten minutes early. Just seeing him come flying in, got my heart pumping!!

Before the first flight I was told we could take 650 kg per load, but the numbers were not adding up.  With all the luggage, food, and the people we were going to transport to the village it was over 650 kg. Then the pilot told us he wants to take only 600 kg. I was thinking, “How are we going to get all this stuff there?”  Well after the first trip, he came back and told us we can do 650 kg, then the third trip, he told us that we can do 700 kg. It worked out splendidly. The pilot told us afterward that because it was such a great landing zone, he let us do 700 kg. We were doing a little over three loads an hr and we did ten loads. The pilot came in with the helicopter and let the engines run. Within three to five minutes it was loaded and flying to the unloading area.

The chopper landed the first time at 10:55am, with the last load coming in around 2:00pm. We had a lot of locals who helped us with unloading and the distribution. The rain cloud could be seen on both sides of us but it was sunny where we were, praise the Lord!

It was the most orderly distribution that I had helped orchestrate, with the locals doing most of it. Afterwards, all the leaders of the village came to thank us and carry the new team’s things down to our tent, for which we were very thankful.

We are back to cleaning up the clinic and getting ready for the next distribution in some of the surrounding villages. Thanks for all your prayers.

From the Project Coordinator & The Team Leader

Administrative Note:  Because of your generous support we have been able to meet the needs of these unreached people and actually have been able to do additional distributions, beyond what we had originally hoped or planned for.  To God be the Glory and thanks to you all who helped, prayed, and gave!

Sign up

We’ll email you about our upcoming trainings.

* indicates required

Sign up!

subscribe to our newsletter and email